Friday, April 4, 2008

Since it is Friday...


I thought I would share the hilarity of a 37 1/2 week pregnant woman trying to shave her legs.


Picture this: A steaming hot shower, a beautiful new razor, and moisturizing shaving cream.


I step inside the nice warm shower. Look down and see... half of my leg. Because I am so small my belly covers my thigh. But at this stage in the game, I am determined folks! All kinds of people are gonna be staring down there, and you better believe I am NOT having hairy legs!


I bend down ever so gracefully, ok, who am I kidding, I squat, barely grabbing the bottle before I run out of breath and pass out in the shower, knocking myself unconscious. Grab the razor and begin "preparing." I put my big toe on the lip of the shower (the only thing that helps raise my leg at this point) and slather with cream. This sounds like an easy enough job, however, the lip is so small, I have to teeter and balance, as not to fall on my ass, and cut my lip, because, did I mention, I have the razor in my mouth, so I am not doing some cirque de solei move to grab it.


As mentioned before, the only thing I can see at this point, is my calf and foot, I proceed to dodge the water, shave and balance all in one. I must say, I think I could join the circus at this point. Then... I proceed to the other leg.


And this, my freaders, is a day in the life of a VERY pregnant person. Still desperately waiting for this little man to exit... gracefully!


Have a wonderful Friday and maybe sometime this weekend we will have a post that says... HE'S HEEEEEERRREE!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha oh man, i hate trying to do the balancing act in the shower, i couldn't imagine doing it pregnant!

Have a great weekend, can't wait to get that post that hes here!! :)

Kelli said...

Hilarious! I am lucky enough to have a bench in my shower- my saving grace... but who knows how that will work in 4 months :)

I'm so excited for you- he's almost here! I read a book yesterday that said no labor is false labor- Brady's on his way!

Katelin said...

oh man i can only imagine how difficult that is, oy. at least you can laugh about it, haha.

happy weekend!

elysa said...

that is pretty funny. I'm glad you can laugh at yourself. Looks like Matt might need a lesson in shaving wifey's legs.

Michelle said...

It is indeed nice to see your body parts after so long, haha!

Anonymous said...

Eek! I was holding my breath reading your post - didn't want to read that you'd cut yourself or slipped and fell!! Glad you didn't, but BE CAREFUL!! I was worried! lol

Anonymous said...

Ok. I laughed so hard reading this. This is why I'm getting the laser hair removal. Which I will be sharing all the gross details via blog whether the boys wanna hear it or not.