Monday, April 7, 2008

I want to curl up...

In a ball and stay there for 3 weeks! So... just got back from the doc, and the news, in my opinion could not have been more dissapointing.

1. I am still at 1 centimeter and I am still in posterior position (have not started to thin or the cervix has not moved forward), pretty much no labor in my near future.

2. My doctor is going out of town for my due date, which REALLY erks me because the whole reason I kept this doctor after the lap fiasco, was so that no one would "push" me into a C-section and would know my entire situation during labor.

3. and 3... my favorite (says in the MOST sarcastic voice) my due date has been pushed back to April 27th. You see, on my first sono they told me it was 4-27, then when I went back in a second time (previous to being diagnosed with GD) they told me, since Brady was so large, the due date must be moved to the 23rd. So... hubs and I have been calculating from the 23rd (38 weeks.) But no my friends, I am only 37 weeks and 1 day. Greeeaaat!

Not to mention, right before we left, I was expressing to hubs how uncomfortable I am and how I would like to discuss options. *And yes, please I know, EVERYONE has an opinion about this, Pitocin or not... I would like to just know the options* And he says to me, you know, we will just have to see what he says, because we really need to be thinking about when Brady wants to come. To which I reply: duh... but I would like to think about me for a second. I mean, I have this scar that burns every second my bellly grows, I haven't slept in weeks., and I am utterly exhausted just having to carry this child. To which HE replies: Trust me... you think about yourself enough for the rest of us. And to be honest.... that was it!

After that comment, I just feel... defeated! I am huge, I cannot sleep or get comfortable. Everyday I wake up and immediately want to take a nap and now... it is 80 degrees and the only pants that fit are jeans and cordoroys (sp??) because I don't want to buy more maternity clothes this close to the date. UGH! Defeated is the only word to describe my feelings.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

aww man I am so sorry you have to deal with all this. You are bringing life into this world and believe me, that is not selfish at all.

Anonymous said...

i'm not pregnant, but i feel the defeatedness.. this week is just crazy.. and it's only Monday... well, it can only get better from here :)

(btw, i've been following your blog for a while... yes I'm a lurker, hehe.. thanks for posting your thoughts.. sometimes it's the last thing i read before i go to sleep.. never fails to make me smile.. i think it's because i know in my mind i'd say the same exact things!)


Rochelle
from California

Andréa said...

Sarah: Thanks!

Rochelle: So good to hear from you and glad I put a smile on your face :)

Anonymous said...

Aw honey, I'm sorry!!! I really hope Brady comes quick!!! *hugs*

elysa said...

that is very frustrating. anything I do? perhaps bring you some odd pregnant lady food craving peanut butter & pickle sandwich?

Lisa said...

Hang in there girl. I know everyone says it, but I promise you wont remember any of this when Mr Brady arrives! Trust me I've gone past 40 weeks with both my girls. That last month is tough, but all so worth it in the end. If you are bored you are welcome to babysit my 2 year old... she is driving me crazy!! :)