Monday, April 21, 2008

Our First Doc's Apt!


So, on day 4 of life, we had our first doc's apt! This is Momma and Brady at the pediatricians office.



As for Brady, he is absolutely wonderful! He has no jaundice and he has only lost 3 ounces since coming home from the hospital... which is awesome.

We also talked about breast feeding, and it seems Brady and I are in a wondeful routine (read more here) and he does not need any vitamins or supplements. The pediatrician says I am doing a wondeful job, and as for all the blood loss, my color seems to be returning and it has not effected Brady whatsoever.


Overall Brady and I could not be better.

I do have one question though? I seem to have cankles (you know where your swollen feet merge into the calf and you can't tell the where one starts and where one ends) and I can't figure out why I am more swollen now than when I was pregnant. How weird? Can any moms give me advice on why this is or when it will go away?


Also, I would like to give a shout out! Can I just say hubs rocks the world! We have been trying to divide the time with Brady the best we can. So, this morning I was nodding off during breast feeding, because of not getting much sleep and he took Brady and let me sleep for a good 3 hours (off and on). Can it get better than that?


OH! and one more shout out... to my mom! On Sat (the first day with my boy) my mom shows up at 9:30am, with groceries - to stock my fridge, and she stayed most of the day to do laundry and cook Hubs and I dinner. I mean really... I am truly blessed!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

The swelling is from all of the fluid that they pumped in you. Mine were very swollen as well. Keep you feet up as much as possible, so it is easier to get the fluid off. DRINK water, alot of water, it helps you produce enough milk for the little dude and also helps get the fluid off of your body too. It takes up to 2 weeks to really see some bones in your ankles again, just depends on your body too. Glad Brady is doing great and hope you feel better as each day pass!! XOXO

elysa said...

I'm so glad you guys are both doing so well. And you are definitely very luck to have such a great support system.

Anonymous said...

Aw, yay for awesome family!! heehee

Sarah said...

I am so glad to hear everything is going so well! More pics of the little guy please!

Michelle and the City said...

so glad everything's going well with you and brady! he is so adorable :)

Katelin said...

aw so glad to hear you guys are doing well. he is so precious!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! So glad to hear ya'll are well! NO surprise that he's so handsome!!:o)

Julie Q said...

I'm so psyched you all are doing so well!!!

lol every time i hear the work cankle I crack up!