Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Neurotic Mother!







Well folks, I am officially a neurotic mother.

Last night, after a long nap, Brady woke up and had a little cream colored mucus on his eyelid. He tried to open his eye but it seemed it had crusted over and it was too hard to open. I was so freaked out, I started screaming to hubs to call the pediatrician.


After a short conversation we were informed our baby had a blocked tear duct. All we had to do was massage the tear duct for 5-10 seconds and he should be better.


PHEW! I was so nervous. Then, last night, his dried umbilical thing came off. I am so glad, because I always felt nervous when changing a diaper around it.

I sure hope this neurosis goes away, otherwise I may have to lock Brady in the house ;-)


On a different note... we took a couple photo's of Brady today for his birth announcement.








Tell me which one you like best!

15 comments:

missy said...

#3 looks SO angelic!!! I love them all but #3 the most!!

rachel elizabeth said...

i loveeee #3. andrea!!! hes amazing. i still can't believe he's here!!!

Anonymous said...

Since Grammie's going to ask me anyway, I also like 3 the best. Although he's sooooooooo cute, you couldn't go wrong with any of them!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Aww, they're all so cute!! I like #3 the best too.

Kate said...

I vote 3. What a precious bundle!

Michelle said...

I second that! I love the third one too! You will chill out soon, it just takes awhile to get used to the idea of being someone's mother!! XOXO

Sarah said...

I love them all!!!

Lisa said...

Love the pics! Very cute!

I also HATED the umbilical cord and was super happy to see it go. His fell off quick!

Oh and hope the clogged tear duct doesn't cause you any more problems. Grace had to have surgery on her eye (I probably shouldn't be telling you this) when she was 18 months for a clogged duct. But I think it most kids it just does away with time and massaging! Just use a nice warm wash cloth to clean it up.

Ashley said...

I love them all because omg hes soooo precious but number 3 is my fave. He looks so peaceful! :)

elysa said...

#3 is my favorite for sure

Anonymous said...

i love the progression of those pics! from awake to fully asleep...aww! lol so cute.

Jessica said...

Here via Lindsay- your son is adorable! Congrats to you and your hubs!

Katelin said...

#3 is my favorite, granted I'm a sucker for a sleeping baby :)

Julie Q said...

#3 is very cute, but i LOVED #1 too!!! Awww all these baby pictures are so adorable :)

Michelle and the City said...

he looks so cute. the last one is my favorite. :)