Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fat Days!


You know those days when you wake up and your just feel large and in charge. Well, folks, today is one of those days!


I don't know what it is. I mean, I know after having a baby, your body doesn't bounce back as quickly as you would want it to, and it could have something to do with the 12 seconds I have to take a shower, or the fact that I feel like Ted Bundy (from Married w/ Children) except the beer stains on my shirt are replaced by spit up, but I am just feelin' UG-LEY!


You see, I have curly hair and if I don't straighten it, or curl it, it looks like poo! I just want to feel pretty again, scratch that... I just want to feel not UG-LEY. Not to mention, as soon as you get out of the shower, it takes about 12 seconds for my boobs to start leaking on my newly cleaned skin. So... I have to throw on another bra.


I never thought I would be SO sick of bras! Sometimes I wish I lived in some tribe where I could let 'em just hang out! Geesh!


Okthx... stepping down from my soap box!


On a much happier note... Mr Man is getting to be more adorable each day! He has started to mimic some of my movements. Like, if I say "oooooh" - he puts his lips in a O and try's to make a sound.

He also has found that he has a voice. This, my freaders, is a blessing AND a curse. Now, I knew my child would be somewhat musically inclined, as both hubs and I are, but I didn't know how quickly he would realize this voice thing. He grunts every chance he gets (and no... he is not just pooping) and he goes, "hmmm" all the time. When he is feeding it is hysterical, mainly because I can't help but think of that movie What about Bob - you know, where he is eating that corn and he just won't shut up, and everyone at the table is laughing... "More Corn Bob?"


That is how good the boob juice must be, people. Brilliant!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like things are going really well for you and your little man. :)

Katelin said...

Man he is getting so cute, love the pics!

And hope you start to feel purdy again, haha. I can just imagine it takes a while to feel like yourself again, but I know you'll get there :)

Lisa said...

You crack me up about the bra thing. Yes, you will totally be tired of the super sexy bras that they offer to breastfeeding mamas once you are finished nursing.

Oh and I totally feel your pain about your body image. It does take a while to bounce back. With Grace I gained more and I feel like I've lost my weight slower this time. Anyway, it will get a little better once you can workout in a few weeks.

Michelle said...

Remember the slogan, it took nine months to put it on, it takes nine months to take it off. Don't look too close in the mirror for awhile, just look very close at your baby and what you created. Soon, the weight will come off and you will be back to something close to what you reconize, but the sooner you come to the conclusion that you will never be quite what you were BEFORE Brady know that you will never be the same NOW with Brady. Spend this time enjoying the newborn stage, it only lasts for a minute and it is such a beautiful stage of life. Nursing also has its way of keeping the weight on you longer, but you lose it without much work while you nurse. I lost 18 pounds in the first 2 weeks, only lost 2 pounds until six months postpartum, then right at six months, I drop 10 pounds and then I lost about 5 pounds between six months and one year and then drop 10 pounds right when I quit nursing at 13 months. It just comes off when it wants to. Don't sweat it girl, you look great and will look great, time is of the essence. XOXO

Shandra said...

He is absolutely adorable!!

You crack me up with your post birth issues haha.

Don't worry , soon your boobs will act normal again and you will feel beautifull again.

but remember your alwasy stunning!

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! That's so cute about the voice, lol. As for your curls - maybe you can just put some mousse in your hair? I did that when i had a perm - super quick and easy and it always looks good. :)

Stephanie said...

That picture is priceless. He is such a doll!

Anonymous said...

LOL I laughed so hard at your large and in charge comment. My gf lost most of her weight breast feeding. Two months later she was teeny weeny again!! Pump that boob juice girl!!