Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hee Hee... Whooooo!

Just an update:

Last night I walked into the L&D (labor and delivery) at around 9pm and we got the process started.

We signed the consent forms, got an IV and got ready to be thinned :) At around 11pm they gave me a "pill" that is inserted next to your hoo-ha and it makes your cervix drop and thin. Luckily I had alredy started moving to mid position, so when I got the pill I had already progressed.

After 2 doses of that pill, I started having steady contractions.

It is 7:30am and the doctor just broke my water and OMG it is the weirdest feeling!!! It feels like your peeing on yourself and people are walking in and out of the room.

Not to mention the contractions have gotten WAY stronger and WAY more frequent. I seriously thought I could handle more pain than this, but apparently I am a wimp. I have already gotten something that is supposed to "take the edge off" and LORD I am feeling it. I feel so LOOoooopy!

As of right now I am tired and in some amount of pain.

We will keep you informed once he gets here.

Thank you again for all your prayers and well wishes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you blogging from your phone?! lol good luckkkkk!!! xoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

I checked your blog early this morning waiting for an update! I am so ecited for you! I wish you the best, and I hope you have an easy delivery! Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

only you would live blog your labor. haha. love you girl, hope brady is in your arms by now!!!!!

Sarah said...

awwI am so excited for you!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Sarah said...

awwI am so excited for you!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Nanette said...

You are one dedicated blogger! :)

I'm sending you lots of pain-free vibes!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are blogging live from the delivery room. I am so excited for you!!!!!!!! Good luck :)

Julie Q said...

who blogs after their water breaks?! You are my hero!!!!!!!! Good luck!!! :) I hope you don't get this emailed comment while you're giving birth

Tammy said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and your blog is great! Boys are a blast! Congrats on your exciting new journey with your little guy!

Michelle and the City said...

you are hilarious. i saw elysa's twitter update that you hadn't had the baby yet, but there was a link to your blog. and i thought to myself, she can't POSSIBLY be live blogging her labor.

you have proven me wrong! ;)

so excited for you and i can't wait to see what he looks like!