Sunday, March 16, 2008

Selfish!


By defintion, the word selfish means: devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.


You could say, by all acounts, at one point in my life (maybe even a little now *wink) I was/am selfish. However, I think almost being a mom has put some things in to perspective. I try to take care of my husband, the best I can. I try to clean the house, so he has a lovely place to live. I try to be there for my baby bro any moment he needs me. And I also, try to be the best friend, daughter, and lover I can be.


With that being said, today, I was greatly dissapointed! I was disspointed in how selfish certain people can be, and truthfully it hurts my soul!


All my life I have grown up with the mentality; "If you want it done, your gonna have to do it yourself!" This statement was DRILLED in my brain and I believe, to an extent, this is pretty accurate! I mean, if you have a specific way of washing clothes or putting things away or keeping all your lotions in alphabetical order you have to do it yourself. *Unless you want to hire someone to do that for you, and LORD knows I don't have the money or time for that.


If someone calls and says, I need you to be here for me, I would do it! Because they needed it! I would never RSVP for a party and then not show, or I wold never make plans I intended to make. If I say dinner Thursday, I mean it! So yesterday, following that simple rule of mine, I was asked to take my baby bro shopping. I was too tired yesterday (after just doing some retail therapy myself) so I asked if we could move it to today, Sunday. Plans were arranged and I planned today around some shopping for bro.


Then, this morning, after I am dressed and litterally walking out the door, I get a call saying I am no longer needed. "My brother doesn't really need clothes after all, (which is total BS! He is 13 and growing like a weed. His pants are too short, not to mention he wants some fashion advice on how to look like an Abercrombie Model.) and truthfully I am not in the mood."


UGH! I just planned my entire day around shopping with baby bro, not to mention, I could have cooked myself breakfast and not got my fat ass dressed. I could still be lounging on a Sunday morning with coffee in hand.


So... this severly ticked me off and reallly it didn't seem either of them cared. "Plans Change!" Was the exact response I got from the parentals.


I mean, I understand plans change, but when you plan your day or your morning, or your whatever, around doing something solely for the purpose of someone else, I really feel people should be treated better!


Am I being hormonal and overreacting, or do you think I have a right to be a little perturbed?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

No I don't think you are in the wrong at all. I have had this happen to me all the time. It seems like the more you have your stuff together, the more people that don't take advantage of it.