Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where have all the gentleman gone??


*Fare Warning*

This blog you are about to read is the rant of a 6 month pregnant woman!!


Here is the thing people, over the holiday's hubs and the family and I have been to numerous restaurants! Many of said restaurants have had a wait to get a table. Also, many of said restaurants have had plenty of seating for people to wait on their asses before eating large quatinties of food! Here is the thing... in the 10 restaurants I have been in the past 10 days, not ONE, ONE I say, person has gotten up and offerend me their seat. One time we were at Snuffers and this gentleman moves over to let this obese woman have his seat, but the small pregnant girl, that is (to me) OBVIOUSLY pregnant, never gets offered a seat. Can anyone explain where common courtesy has gone??


I mean come on! When I go to NY and ride the train, people are always getting up and offering preggo woman seats! Are you gonna tell me that New Yorkers are nicer than Southern Hospitality??


Listen, here is the deal. I am not out of shape, but I have NEVER carried this much weight before in my life. I went shopping yesterday (for about 4 hours) and I could barely stand at the restaurant while waiting for a table. Not one person, woman, man or child offered me a seat. Have people gotten so self centered that they don't care if a pregnant woman stands, while a they stit their happy asses down??


To top it off, last night I am standing there with my 85yr old grandmother, who OBVIOUSLY has a very hard time walking, and the both of us, pregnant and old, were standing there. NO one person, not even these two women (one daughter - IN SNEAKERS, or her mother) offered us a seat. They just sat there looking at us and smiling. Smiling?? Are you serious?? My poor Nona is hanging onto the wall, while you two sit there smiling at my pregnant belly? UGH!


People, PLEASE!, if you see an elderly OR pregnant person, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, offer them your seat! Even if you can't reallly, really, tell if the person is pregnant, just offer them a seat. If you are a man and you read this, offer your seat, just for the hell of it! Just to be a gentleman!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i the words of stephanie tanner... HOW RUDE! seriously though... um. where were you?! people are so lazy these days. that whole post makes me so mad. i'm sorry you had to deal with all that. come to jersey and go out to eat, we're nice here. haha. <3

Tina Poe said...

Seriously? I expect a lot more out of people, especially in Texas!

Michelle and the City said...

Wow. I can't believe no one moved for you, that really surprises me!

Lorelei said...

Down here in NC people would not only offer you their seat, they'd build one espcially for you out of scrap supplies they carry in their trunk.

Anonymous said...

You should have pretended to be in labor and then just said, "Oh, the doctor said I've got about 10 hours to go so I thought I'd come get a bite to eat first." And then just scream intermittently every 5 minutes. Someone would have gotten up then. Lazy f'ers.

Ticket 4 Two said...

I just read that you are having a boy! Yea!

p.s. The world is going to pot. People are soooo rude now days...