Monday, December 10, 2007

20 Weeks! and 9lbs Pregnant!!

Well folks, I am halfway there! At 2o weeks my baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom — known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against her torso during the first half of pregnancy and are very hard to measure.)
I am so darn excited! However, I did got a baby shower yesterday, of a close family friend, and (I didn't really know anyone -but my mother-in-law, and her sisters and mother) they couldn't even tell I was pregnant :( You'd think at 5 months, someone would recognize. I guess I shouldn't be complaining (there are women who get told their preggo when they aren') but at 5 months, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to share with people why I have a 9lb bump sitting on my abdomen :) And if the hubs WASN'T sweet enough, he said I have only gained 8lbs, but that I looked tre preggo!
----------------------------
7 days and counting.... My gut says Girl? But we'll see!
----------------------------
Oooh! Totallly forgot to tell you. Last night my dad called, because he was in LA (he travels a TON for business.) and was across the street from the Kodak theater, and the premeire of "PS I Love you!" was there and he actually SAW Hillary Swank. How cool is that? My dad gets to do the coolest stuff. When he was at a convention he "accidentally" got a semi-private concert by Journey. I mean, that is just freakin cool! It was even funnier because he didn't know who Journey actually was and thought, this band sucks, and LEFT! HAHAHAHA!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

YAY! 7 DAYS! I bet this is the looongest week of your life :)

Yes, you should feel lucky you've ONLY gained 9 lbs- I gain 9lbs thinking about it :)

Lorelei said...

My gut told me my DS was a girl. I was wrong. :)

Can't wait to hear the final word!

Nanette said...

I'm with Kelli. I've probably gained more wait in the same amount of time, sans baby in belly. ;)

Andréa said...

Kelli: Yeah, i would say this week is taking a really long time to end :)

Lorelei: Hopefully my gut won't be wrong, but we'll see!

Nanette: :D I actually lose my breath sometimes walking up the stairs, simply becaue I have never carried this much weight... ever :)

Katelin said...

That's amazing you've only gained 9 lbs! I know some women who have gained 9 lbs in their first three months, haha.

Yay for 7 more days!

rachel elizabeth said...

yay!!! seven days!! i'm so unbelievably excited for you!! how much are you dying right now!? i cant wait to find out!!! <333


p.s. sorry for being a sucky commenter!! <3