Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Little Fever


Well, yesterday Mr Man got his shots and it was horrible - just as I expected. He cried, I cried, it was just bad all around.


Then, last night, we fed him his rice cereal and put him to bed. However, at around 2am he woke up with a 99.8 fever. We read the "discharge" sheet thoroughly and it said that was a normal reaction with the shots.


So, we gave him some more Tylenol and put him to bed in our bed. He was still pretty fussy this morning when he woke up, at around 5 am, so I held him until he fell asleep in my arms.


It is so heartbraking when your baby doesn't feel well and you can't do anything to fix it!


He has yet to eat his breakfast (rice cereal) and he is taking another nap.


I just hope he is ok by the end of the day. If his low grade fever continues, I am going to call the doctor.
Please pray that Mr Man is ok. It seems all his little friends are getting a bit of a cold, so I am just hoping it is the shots and nothing else!
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Grace ran a fever with her shots too. She also slept the next day on and off most of the day. His little body is just trying to fight off those shots. XOXO

HM said...

Oh poor little guy. Yes it is soo hard!

Sarah said...

aww it' so upsetting because you can't explain it to him :( I hope he feels better soon!

Lindsay said...

Aww, I'm sorry! It is common to run a little fever though.
I'll pray that little B feels better! I hope he doesn't catch the cold that seems to be going around, it's no fun! It's prob just from the shots, if not, your right, call the Dr. !!! Feel better soon little man!

missy said...

I'm sure it's the shots. Grayson doesn't have an appetite for 2 days after shots and the fever is normal.....just give him lots of lovin' and kisses! He'll be back to his sweet little self soon!