Friday, October 5, 2007

Childlike Instinct??


I think when your young you automatically gravitate towards people that interest you. Make you questions things in life, and generally amuse you! In my case, since we moved so often, I had to figure that out pretty darn quickly.

What I have come to realize, in my 26 years on this earth, is that the friends I had when I was young, seem to be TRUE friends! Now I say this in the kindest sense. It is not that I don't have friends, that I have met recently (in the scheme of things) that aren't amazing people to be around!

I just feel an amazing connection to the friends I once had, who are friends yet again. I know I am probably not making any sense... let me summarize... I truly believe that kids have an inate instinct about people. They can call it like it is and don't really care what the other person thinks. When I was 0-9yrs we lived in VA, and me and these 2 girls were THE BEST of friends. Why... who knows?? One lived down the street... yes... the other, our parents met in lamaze class?? Now, as I have re-connected with them, we have SO much in common, and we generally seem to get one another.

It just seems to me between the ages of 16 to 19, maybe you don't know yourself as well as when you were 6-9? Who knows? I just know, I am experiencing some of the best old friends a girl could ask for, and some newer friends that just don't cut it. But also some newer friends that are completely amazing and I wouldn't know what to do without them!

Children... absolutely amazing!

1 comment:

elysa said...

I think when you are a child you aren't so concerned with doing or saying something as you "should" so consequently the people (other children) you encounter get to know who you really are. I will also say for me though I have changed a lot in the past 5 years so my new set of friends is a reflection of who I am now. I think as you grow and change you can outgrow some friends you met at different stages of life.