Sunday, April 5, 2009

The New Pad

Is coming along nicely :)

Hey... its no Taj Mahal... but its home, and B and I are lovin' it!!!

Here is the best part... the view!!!

The fireplace... which B has found he loves to eat... yummy!
Mr Man's new (Giants themed) room! WOOT!


My bedroom


Dining

Living


And Kitchen... fabulous job on the cabinets L!


There are some things that I still haven't gotten used to like:

A) climbing 8,003 stairs to get to my apartment, all while carrying a diaper bag, a filled purse and a 23lb small man - but hey, look on the bright side - in 2 months my ass is gonna be smokin'! Feel the burn baby, feel the burn!!!

B) I have yet to figure out how to carry 2 loads of garbage and said man and diaper bag and purse DOWN the stairs - that one still has to be figured out? Suggestions?

C) I am loving cleaning this place. Um... hello vacuuming 5 min. Walking all of 3 minutes to the washer and dryer and dishes for one (sometimes throw a bottle in there) can I get a hell yeah!

D) I just got TV last night, and to be honest, it was kind of nice not having the option to hear the depressing news. I have no DVR (gasp!) and no cable to speak of. I have bunny ears (the newest model) but still. Humble pie for one. Thanks!

Overall, B and I are adjusting well. It has been a struggle, and I have fiigured out I royally SUCK at being alone, but over time I am sure things will be alright! The first few months are always an adjustment period. I am just trying to look on the bright side of every situation, including this one.

Ciao Darlings!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks fantastic! Oh and the view, I can't get over it! On a rainy day....breath taking I tell ya! Good job ma'am!

gemma said...

Hi Andrea, thanks for inviting me to your blog. i'm so sorry to read about you and your husband. thats really sad. i hope you're ok and i'll say some prayers for you all. looks like you've got a nice new place and things might be looking up for you. is that a jack vettriano print above your fireplace? take care and best wishes, gem.

Kelli said...

I love it! Sooo cozy and YOU :)
B's room is awesome too, I might add- woot woot!

And I've got a solution for the garbage- make B do it! Hee hee :)

missy said...

It's really beautiful, Dre! I can't believe....it looks as though you've been there for months, what with all the designer decorating.
As for the trash, give B some toys to busy himself with and grab the trash and trot down those dreadful stairs and back up....he'll never know you were gone!