Saturday, June 13, 2009

Changes!


Since the divorce, it's no secret, things have been a little different around here.


Time schedules are tighter, it seems like weeks, even months fly by, and it seems like I never get any time to rest.


With that said, there have been other changes.


I feel like, the weeks I don't have my little man, I am trying to get my life back. I think while married to a man that didn't really see me for who I truly was, I lost sight of who I really was.


I was always outgoing, energetic, and a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda person, and I liked that about me. But my ex husband is not that way. He likes schedules, he likes movies, he likes to sit and watch the sunset. At first I thought this was endearing, and I certainly thought it calmed me down, but over time I grew bored of this type of behavior, and in the end, opposites did not attract.


The one thing I will say, is that the ex and I are on wonderful terms. We talk daily, if not twice or three times a day regarding B. I think we talk now, more than we ever did when we were married, which is so nice I cannot even tell you.


However, other people have fallen out of touch. And that saddens me. I had heard that a friend had asked if I had a boyfriend, because of some picture I posted on FB or myspace. I was hurt by this, because I thought as a friend, she should have contacted me, not asked someone else, and so I told her so, via email. I guess this wasn't the right way to convey this message, because she thought I was yelling at her or who knows what, and she ended the friendship.


So... as the divorce is coming to a close, and the ex and I are becoming closer friends, and I am finding myself once again, other people, I am realizing, were not meant to continue to be in my life. It is sad but true.


I know God has an ultimate plan and I know these changes are good, in some way or another, it is just such a strange time in my life. At 28 I always thought I would've had it figured out. The husband, the child, the house. Period the end. But I guess not. I guess life is a mountain, not a beach, and God always has something up his sleeve :)


Here is to more changes, should they come your way, good or bad!


Ciao Darlings!

No comments: